Enjoy this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe for your next meal. This could be an easy and tasty appetizer for your next party!
This bacon wrapped asparagus is a fun way to dress up your favorite veggie! You can make this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe for a tasty side dish for dinner or you can make them for an easy appetizer for a party. Either way, they’re delicious!
To make this recipe for bacon wrapped asparagus, you don’t really need to spend too much time. Most of the heavy lifting is going to happen in the oven. Start by getting the oven preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
After you wrap the bacon around the asparagus, you’re going to get them into the oven. This is where all the work actually happens. After 25 to 30 minutes your asparagus will be finished.
This dish can be perfect to pair with anything that you can grill in the summertime. Think about eating this with some grilled chicken or maybe even serve this with some juicy cheeseburgers.
You really can’t go wrong with these and no matter how you choose to eat them – you’re going to want to make extras…trust us!
- 2 lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 12 slice bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide asparagus spears into 12 bundles (3-4 pieces each). Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each bundle, starting 1/2 from bottom of the tips. Secure the bacon-wrapped asparagus with a toothpick. Arrange bundle in a shallow baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan; heat mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture over asparagus bundles.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until spears have begun to wilt and bacon looks fully cooked. Enjoy!