These broccoli fritters with cheddar cheese are the perfect low carb snack. Perfect for those people who want a healthy and delicious snack or appetizer.
If you’re looking for a delicious low carb snack or appetizer, then these broccoli fritters with cheddar cheese are a great option. Seriously, they’re so yummy and you will want to make more than one batch.
Here is why I’m a fan of these. First of all, these broccoli fritters are great if you’re on the keto diet. The keto diet is a very popular diet that is focused on low carb meals. This recipe is going to be great to accomplish that low carb goal. Being on a diet is hard enough – don’t make it harder by making food that won’t help you reach your goal!
You can use fresh broccoli to make these fritters or if you have leftover broccoli from the night before, use those leftovers. The cheddar cheese really adds a melty and creamy texture that you’ll taste with every bite. Making these broccoli fritters won’t take long. You’ll get them cooked up in a cast iron pan and in about 8 minutes or so, you’ll have them ready to serve.
Some people may like zucchini fritters, or maybe even cauliflower fritters….but I’m a broccoli fritter kind of guy! Especially after trying these broccoli fritters with cheddar cheese. I’m confident that if you give them a shot, you’ll agree with me.
- 8 ounces broccoli, cut into small pieces or chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp oat fiber or almond flour, or powdered pork rinds (regular flour if not low carb)
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or your favorite
- Cut the fresh broccoli crowns and the stems into pieces that are 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch. Steam them lightly in the microwave or use a steamer. Drain any excess water and dry them with paper towels if they’re still wet.
- Take the broccoli and toss or stir them in some flour and the Cajun seasoning until they are coated. Add in the egg and stir that as well. Lastly, add in the cheddar cheese and stir them all together until their combined.
- Turn on your stove to medium heat and put a cast iron or non-stick pan on it until it gets hot. Add in some oil and make sure it coats all parts of the pan. Divide up the mixture into fourths and put them into the pan. Arrange them into a small mound shape or a patty. If any loose bits come out, press them back into one of the patties.
- Cook one side until the cheese on top of the patty begins to melt, and also when the bottom is crusty brown. This will take about 2-3 minutes. Flip them over and do it again on the other side.
- This will make four large patties. Serve it with an egg on top or maybe a nice dipping sauce.