You’ll absolutely love these buffalo chicken tenders. They’re crispy, spicy, and keto and low carb diet approved!
These buffalo chicken tenders are my weakness. They’re so damn good and they are also keto and low carb! I’m really trying to eat better so the fact I can stay on my diet regimen, and get my buffalo chicken tender fix – what a blessing!
So let me get into actually making these delicious and crispy buffalo chicken tenders. You’re going to start with a pound of skinless chicken breasts or tenders. After you make the seasoning, and dredge the chicken tenders in it – you’ll start to fry it in avocado oil.
When the buffalo chicken tenders are done frying and ready to go, start making your buffalo sauce by putting butter and hot sauce into a saucepan. When that buffalo sauce is complete – dip and cover each tender into the sauce so that they are well coated.
The prep time for making these buffalo chicken tenders is about 10 minutes, while the cook time is 15 minutes. So from start to finish to have a delicious and perfect keto and low carb meal – is 25 minutes!
- 1 lb. organic boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon hot sauce, divided
- 1-1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- If you’re using a whole chicken breast, cut the breast into strips. Pat the chicken dry and season it with salt and pepper.
- Whisk an egg with 1 tablespoon of hot sauce.
- Grab a medium bowl – whisk the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne until it’s all well combined.
- Dip each slice of chicken into the egg, then dredge them into the flour mixture. Repeat those steps until all the chicken strips are coated.
- Heat up the avocado oil for 2 to 3 minutes in a large skillet until hot.
- Place the chicken strips into the skillet in batches. Fry them for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on how thick the chicken is. Cook until the chicken gets crispy and golden brown. Take them out and place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil off.
- Heat up the butter in a saucepan until it’s melted. Whisk 1/2 cup of hot sauce into the butter and bring it to a simmer.
- Add in the chicken and toss them around until each chicken strip is well coated with the sauce.
- Plate the finished buffalo chicken strips and serve immediately.
Original recipe: lexiscleankitchen.com