This buttermilk oven fried chicken is a delicious alternative to frying. It will be a big hit at your next family dinner.
This delicious buttermilk oven fried chicken is going to be a huge hit with your family. The buttermilk is going to help make this chicken super moist, and making it in the oven will be simple way to make it. Avoid frying and the unhealthy oil, and try making this in the oven for a delicious alternative.
4 (4 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
1/4 c. plain bread crumbs
1/4 c. ground flaxseed
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine chicken breasts and buttermilk in a resealable plastic bag, place in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove chicken from bag and discard buttermilk and bag.
- Whisk together bread crumbs, flaxseed, cheese, Italian seasoning, onion powder and pepper in a pie plate.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pat bread crumb mixture onto chicken breasts, coating completely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 Servings, 4 SP.
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories: 220; Sat. Fat: 2 g; Carbs: 8 g; Fiber: 1 g; Sugars: 1 g; Protein: 32 g