You’re going to enjoy this 20 minute recipe for chickpea avocado tacos. Perfect for vegan and gluten free diets!
If you’ve been looking for a quick and easy no meat meal – these chickpea avocado tacos are going to be the answer. Super fresh and healthy, they are perfect for vegan diets and gluten free meal options.
This is going to be the absolute best lunch or dinner meal that you can make. These chickpea avocado tacos are going to come together in 20 minutes. So if you’re in a hurry for a quick dinner meal that is perfect for your vegan lifestyle, this is the way you should go.
The ingredients are super fresh and the flavors are absolutely delicious and perfect. What makes this so perfect is that no heat is required to get these chickpea avocado tacos completed. So you can be fully prepped and eating in 20 minutes – nothing is going to be easier when it comes time for a healthy lunch or dinner.
- 1 15 oz can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped with tough stems removed
- 1 cup shredded slaw mix or thinly chopped cabbage and carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper + more to taste
- 5 corn tortillas or large leaves of romaine
- crumbled Queso Fresco
- Sliced jalapeños
- Sriracha sauce
- Fresh cilantro
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling. Lightly mash/combine them together until everything is incorporated.
Scoop about a 1/2 cup of the filling mix and put it into each tortilla or lettuce leaf. If you choose, drizzle sriracha sauce and add on your toppings.
Original recipe: kimscravings.com