You’ll really enjoy these chocolate chip peanut butter blondies. They’re a simple mouth watering vegan and gluten free dessert!
I love being a vegan and trying to also eat gluten free. It’s hard – trust me, there’s a lot of delicious food and desserts out there that I wish I could have. These chocolate chip peanut butter blondies have been a life saver for my sweet tooth.
This recipe is healthy because the base of the recipe is chickpeas. Yes chickpeas! I couldn’t believe it at first but after tasting these chocolate chip peanut butter blondies…they tasted just fine!
The flavors of chocolate and peanut butter always go so well together. The peanut butter is super creamy and the chocolate is sweet and perfect. What an awesome vegan and gluten free dessert option!
If you’re someone who’s new to the vegan and/or gluten free lifestyle – rest easy that their are options out there for you. These chocolate chip peanut butter blondies prove it!
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into the blender or a food processor. (A high speed blender like a Vitamix works great for a smooth consistency)
- After you’re finished blending, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour that mixture into a 8 or 9 inch glass/non stick baking dish. (We choose to use non-stick so you don’t have to grease it)
- Now you can sprinkle the chocolate chips on top
- Put the baking dish in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the edges begin to pull away from the pan. The top will also be golden brown and set.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes before you cut into them. Enjoy!