If you’ve been looking for gluten free recipes, try out this one for gluten free bagels. It’s so simple and delicious – everyone will enjoy these!
Bagels are so great. I love all types of them, but I prefer an everything bagel if I had to choose. But a good onion, sesame seed, or even a plain bagel works for me. But what if you’re gluten free, you can’t necessarily eat bagels like I can. That’s why this recipe for easy gluten free bagels is perfect.
The almond flour is the real star of this recipe. It’s what allows you to enjoy these gluten free bagels. Don’t worry about losing out on the taste and freshness of a bagel you’d get at your local bagel shop. They taste just as good as they would in a bagel shop, but this time you’re making it homemade and fresh at home!
These gluten free bagels are great to have for breakfast or they can be used in more versatile methods. Maybe you want to make a sandwich and don’t want to use a hard roll, well you can use this bagel instead. Or perhaps you are making a hamburger and want to take it to the next level – well this is the bagel to do it!
So give these easy gluten free bagels a try some time. It’s a good recipe to start your journey if you’re looking to eat gluten free. The recipe isn’t that complex or hard to follow, so it’s going to be much easier for you to make.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grab a baking sheet and line it with some parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder, and garlic salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the mozzarella and cream cheese. Heat it in the microwave for 1 minute then remove it and stir. Repeat this process until it’s well blended. Stir in the flour mixture from before with the eggs into the melted cheese mix you just made.
- Knead this mixture by hand until the dough starts to become sticky. Keep kneading the the dough until it’s all uniform in shape, which takes about 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and roll each one into a long log shape. Press the ends together so it’s a connected circle and starting to look like a bagel. Place these onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the bagels in the oven for around 10-14 minutes or until the bagels are golden.
Recipe from: Keto for Beginners Facebook group