Looking for a easy shrimp cocktail recipe to make for your next get together? Check out this simple and delicious shrimp cocktail recipe!
There’s nothing more delicious and easy to make when you’re on a little seafood kick than shrimp cocktail. It’s even easier if you buy your shrimp already peeled – which will make this recipe come together in about 15 minutes.
Shrimp cocktail goes with any event – game day, a graduation, holiday gatherings, or any other type of get together. The best thing you can do is make this ahead of time and show up to your next event looking like the best party guest who had their stuff together!
When you make this recipe, try using our simple homemade cocktail sauce recipe that we have as well (it’s a staff favorite)!
Get the recipe below!
- 6 cups water
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3–4 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- Cocktail sauce
- Pour water in a dutch oven or large saucepan. Add lemon slices, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, parsley and kosher salt. Heat over medium high heat to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked. Remove from heat and place shrimp in a colander. Rinse under cold water.
- Refrigerate shrimp until cold and serve with cocktail sauce.