Take advantage of the quick cook time for this Instant Pot buffalo chicken and rice recipe. A perfect weeknight meal for your family.
Here comes another great Instant Pot recipe for you to make for your family. This recipe for Instant Pot cheese buffalo chicken and rice is super creamy and full of that famous buffalo chicken flavor!
It’s just a great weeknight meal to make for your family if you’re tight on time. The prep time to get all your ingredients ready is about 12 minutes. For the actual cook time, it’ll come in at 20 minutes. So getting a whole meal done from start to finish in less than 35 minutes is just awesome!
The long grain rice will absorb all of that creamy cheesy blend of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. The chunks of chicken are tender and moist. Pair that all with some celery for texture, as well as buffalo sauce and ranch dressing….you have a go to meal that anyone will enjoy!
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- Cut up the chicken breasts into 1″ bite sized pieces.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Saute Less” for 7 minutes.
- Add just a dab of margarine or butter to the Instant Pot.
- Now you can add the chicken breast chunks you just cut up to the pot.
- Leave the chicken breast pieces alone to cook. Stir it occasionally until the Instant Pot turns off.
- The chicken will still be slightly pink – don’t be concerned or worried about it.
- Add in the condensed chicken broth and the water to the Instant Pot.
- Add and spread out the long grain rice to the pot until it’s submerged in the liquid. Make sure you do not stir.
- Add in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder into the Instant Pot.
- Now add in the buffalo sauce, diced onions, and diced celery into the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid onto the Instant Pot, make sure the steam valve is set to the “sealed” position. Set the Instant Pot to “pressure cook high” for 6 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking – turn the steam release valve to “vent” immediately so it does a quick release.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot and stir up all the ingredients inside.
- Now you can throw in the shredded cheese and ranch dressing into the Instant Pot.
- Stir the cheese around until it’s completely melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Original recipe: thisisnotdietfood.com