You’ll love this recipe for Instant Pot Cheesy Tortellini with Chicken and Broccoli. Your weeknight meal with be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
If you’re in the mood for a tasty and quick dinner – this is going to be a fantastic option for you. Using the Instant Pot is an excellent time saver that will still deliver a delicious meal. This recipe for Instant Pot Cheesy Tortellini with Chicken and Broccoli is going to be a huge hit!
The Instant Pot will make quick work of cooking this super yummy meal. The chicken will turn out perfectly cooked and moist. Add in the tortellini and cooked broccoli with a cheesy creamy sauce…my oh my is this meal going to taste fantastic.
The cook time is going to be less than 30 minutes. Let’s start off by prepping the ingredients which is going to take around 10 minutes. Including the time to build pressure in the Instant Pot to cook this meal, it’s going to take around 18 minutes of cook time. That’s why I love using the Instant Pot – it just forces all of the flavors together and cuts the cooking time in half!
Give this Instant Pot Cheesy Tortellini with Chicken and Broccoli a shot for your next weeknight meal. If your family is tight on time and in need of a quick meal – this is going to be the perfect option!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 20 oz three cheese tortellini refrigerated pasta
- 10.5 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheddar blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch bite sized chunks.
- Turn the Instant Pot “Saute” setting on for 7 minutes, and then add a little bit of margarine or butter to the pot.
- Add the chunks of chicken breasts you cut up to the pot.
- Let the chicken cook, stir it occasionally, until the Instant Pot turns off (when it reaches the end of 7 minute timer).
- The chicken may still be slightly pink – but it’s OK.
- Now you can add the chicken broth and water to the pot.
- Add in the cheese tortellini to the pot and spread it around evenly.
- Throw in the cream of chicken soup, as well as the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. DO NOT STIR!
- Cover and lock the Instant Pot, turn the steam release valve to the “seal” position, and set the Pressure Cook setting to “High” for 3 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, do a quick release on the steam valve.
- Remove the lid and stir the contents around until they’re well blended.
- Throw in the broccoli florets into the pot and stir together.
- Leave the pasta to sit in the pot for a few minutes so the broccoli can cook as well.
- Now you can add the shredded mozzarella and cheddar blend, and also the Parmesan cheese into the pot.
- Stir it all together so the cheese is melted.
- You are now ready to serve it all up, eat, and enjoy!
*This recipe was made in an 8 quart Instant Pot
Original recipe from: thisisnotdietfood.com