Don’t feel guilty anymore when you eat these keto vanilla cake donuts. They’re as delicious as ever but also healthy – can you believe it?!
I just love to eat donuts. But I know that they aren’t the healthiest thing for me. But why is everything bad for you taste so good!? It shouldn’t be that way, and it doesn’t need to be. This recipe for keto vanilla cake donuts is going to change your life!
What isn’t there to like about these keto vanilla cake donuts. You’ll get the delicious flavor of the glaze that covers every inch of these donuts. The glaze can be made with some leftover frosting in the fridge, or if you are up for it, you can make it from scratch.
The donuts are easy to make and the instructions are simple to follow. When you get started it may be a little tricky at first, but if you’ve baked before – there’s nothing to worry about. When you get these baking in the oven, these donuts will take about 12-13 minutes to get to that perfect softness that a fresh donut is known for.
If you’re looking at starting the keto diet or are on it already, this is a sweet treat that won’t set you back too far. They come in at approximately 3 net carbs for each donut. You won’t miss the fried and sugary donuts that you’re used to!
Ingredients For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup swerve sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla (or whatever flavor you feel like using)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 6 eggs
Ingredients For the Glaze:
Now you can make this from scratch which is OK with me. But if you have some leftover frosting in the fridge, you can use this time saving recipe for the glaze that I list below:
- 1/2 jar of Pilsbury sugar-free vanilla frosting
- 1 stick of butter
Now It’s Time to Make the Cake:
- First start by combining all the dry ingredients. You can combine and grind them up in a food processor, then sift them together in a bowl.
- Next step is to melt the butter and add it to your mixer (I have a KitchenAid which I love). Then add in the vanilla, and 1 egg at a time until you get to the 6th egg. Leaving the mixer on low speed will work just fine.
- Now add the dry ingredients from before into the wet ingredients. Do this at about a 1/2 cup at a time until it’s all inside. This mixture is going to be thick!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put the batter into a piping bag and pipe them into the donut cake pan. Make sure you grease this well or the donuts are going to stick on you. If you have some extra time, cut out some parchment paper to make sure that the donuts will fall out without any issues.
- Bake the donuts for about 12-13 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in them and it comes out clean.
- Take the donuts out of the oven and let them cool. Then you can remove them from the pan.
How to Finish With The Glaze:
- Start by melting the frosting and butter together. Whip it all together and let it cool, then start whipping it again until the mixture is well blended. Glaze the donuts when they’re cool.