You’ll really enjoy this loaded cauliflower broccoli casserole. It’s a healthy and hearty meal that is perfect for any family dinner night.
Sometimes it’s hard to eat healthy. I get it…really I do. That’s why this recipe for loaded cauliflower broccoli casserole is so awesome. You don’t have to feel bad about eating it, and it’s so delicious!
Another thing that I love about this recipe is that it’s a comfort food. It’s so filling and perfect for a chilly night, or maybe a night where you want to make your belly full. That doesn’t mean that you’re going to necessarily stuff yourself until you’re sick, it means that it’s just so yummy that you feel warm inside!
It’s not going to take much to get this loaded cauliflower broccoli casserole on the table. It really only takes about 20 minutes of actual cook time. You’ll start by getting your oven preheated to 375 degrees. In the mean time, you’ll get all the ingredients needed prepped and cooked appropriately.
The bacon, cauliflower, broccoli, and cheese mix together to create a fabulous dish. Try serving it at your next family meal night. I’m sure that it’s going to be a huge hit for your family!
- 8 slices of bacon, fried crispy( optional)
- ½ large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ large head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Colby & Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy and crumble. Set aside.
- Steam cauliflower and broccoli until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream, & black pepper in a large bowl. Add the steamed cauliflower & broccoli florets, ½ of the bacon, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons chives & mix well.
- Transfer to a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and top with the Colby & Monterrey jack cheese and the other half of the bacon.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or just until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.