You couldn’t pick a better recipe for oven roasted green beans. It’s super simple and full of flavor – a perfect side for a weeknight meal.
There’s just something that I love about oven roasting my vegetables. It doesn’t take that long and the final product is just a deliciously crispy vegetable. This recipe for oven roasted green beans is going to be a great side dish that you can pair with any meal.
What I love so much about this recipe for oven roasted green beans is the simplicity. You only need 7 ingredients to make this excellent side dish. The time involved is next to nothing – and it gives you time to cook the rest of your meal.
The prep time for this meal is 10 minutes, that involves getting the baking sheet lined with parchment paper and ready for the green beans. The cook time is 10 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
So while these green beans are roasting in the oven, get started on your main dish. These oven roasted green beans can go so well with chicken, steak, or maybe even a pasta dish!?
If you really love green beans, double up the recipe and eat them as your main course. I wouldn’t blame you at all!
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Start by getting your oven preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Evenly distribute the green beans on a baking sheet that’s covered with parchment paper.
- Top the green beans with oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic capers, salt and pepper. You can use your hands or tongs to mix the ingredients all together to coat the green beans completely.
- Roast the green beans in the oven for around 10 to 15 minutes. Shake the pan halfway through until the bans are tender and lightly browned.
Original recipe: thewanderlustkitchen.com