These peanut butter buckeye pretzel bites are the tastiest sweet treat. The creamy peanut butter and chocolate go so well with the crunch from the pretzel!
What can I say about these peanut butter buckeye pretzel bites?! They are right up my alley for a sweet treat that I can have as a snack. It’s got chocolate, peanut butter, and the bites of a pretzel.
So the peanut butter on these buckeye pretzel bites are super creamy. That is the start of such a delicious little snack. Now throw in the fact you have pretzels that get sandwiched with peanut butter and dipped in chocolate…we are talking my language now!
The actual time to make these peanut butter buckeye pretzel bites is only 20 minutes. There’s no real baking or cooking involved. Most of the work is going to go into throwing the ingredients into the mixer, and then allowing the chocolate dipped pretzels to cool and harden in the refrigerator.
So give these peanut butter buckeye pretzel bites a try if you’re looking for a bite sized snack that you can make for a party or any type of event. You’ll be super happy and will want to make this recipe over and over again!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grab a baking sheet and line it with wax paper. Set it aside.
- Now in a stand mixer bowl, beat the peanut butter and butter with the paddle attachment until it’s combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl, add the sugars and beat them until they’re well combined.
- At this point, you should be able to roll that mixture into balls without them sticking to your hands. If you need to, add more powdered sugar until you reach a consistency that you can roll into a ball easily.
- Begin to roll the mixture into small balls, using about 1 teaspoon of mixture for each ball, and place them on the baking sheet. From there, you’ll sandwich the balls between two pretzels and place them in the freezer for around 30 minutes.
- Begin to melt the chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water. Occasionally stir until the chocolate is smooth, then remove from the heat.
- Dip each pretzel bite halfway into the melted chocolate and then place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Chill it in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets.