This philly cheesesteak skillet recipe is the perfect keto or low carb weeknight meal. A perfect dish that is full of flavor and still healthy to eat!
I’m really trying to eat better but I have some guilty pleasures. Don’t we all though!? One of mine is carbs, I just love them. Bread, pasta, whatever…I just love my carbs. But this recipe for a Philly cheesesteak skillet is both low carb and keto friendly.
I really like this recipe because it takes only 5 minutes of prep time. The less time I have to spend prepping my ingredients, the more likely I am to make the recipe. Look, I’m not lazy, but who wants to be prepping for 20-30 minutes before you even start to cook?!
That gets me to the actual cook time which is just 25 minutes. So now with all my ingredients prepped, it’s time to get cooking.
You just need to start by browning up the meat in a large oven proof skillet, sprinkling the steak seasoning on top. Then you can begin to saute some vegetables in another skillet while the meat is browning.
When the veggies are cooked through, you can dump them on top of the ground beef mixture you started earlier. Throw the cheese over the top of it and place it in the over and turn on the broil setting.
Keep it on broil until the cheese begins to melt and begins to brown. When it’s got to that point, you’re ready to go. I like to serve it over lettuce to help cut down my carbs, but you can also serve it over rice or use buns!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup red, orange and yellow pepper strips
- 2 cups green pepper strips
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 oz provolone cheese
- 3 oz gruyere or swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grab a large oven proof skillet, heat it up, and then add in the ground beef. Sprinkle the steak seasoning onto the beef and start the browning process.
- While the meat is browning, grab another large skillet and add in the oil and some veggies. Saute them until the veggies are cooked through.
- Take the cooked veggies you just made, and pour them onto the ground beef mixture. Mix it well and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Put it under your oven broiler.
- Keep it under the broiler until the cheese is melted and starting to brown
- When the cheese is browned, serve it up over lettuce. If you don’t want to be low carb, you can serve with rice or buns.
Original recipe from: mylifecookbook.com