These quinoa buffalo bites are perfectly crisp and full of flavor. They’re a fantastic snack option for those who are vegan and gluten free.
So you’re looking for a gluten free and vegan snack to make. Maybe it’s because you are trying to eat healthy, or you just want a game day snack that won’t be that horrible for you diet wise. These quinoa buffalo bites are going to be the solution!
These quinoa buffalo bites take about 20 minutes of prep time to get everything ready and begin the cooking process. When you are doing prepping all your ingredients and it’s time to throw them into the oven – that takes around 30 minutes. So the whole time from start to finish comes in at less than one hour!
What I like so much about these quinoa buffalo bites are the flavors and how they’re perfectly crispy on every side. Dipping them in vegan ranch dressing is how I prefer to eat them. Make sure when you’re done cooking these, that you serve them warm. It’s when the flavors really breakthrough and make your mouth water!
- 3 tbsp Flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup Water, filtered
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Hot sauce
- 3 1/2 cups Quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup Oat flour
- 1 Lime
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now in a large bowl, you can combine 3 tablespoons of flax seed and 1/2 cup of water to create your flax eggs. Set it aside for 5 minutes or until it creates a consistency that is gel like.
- Saute the minced garlic in a small pan on medium heat. Use the avocado oil and saute for around 60 seconds or until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Now in the same large bowl you used earlier – add in the hot sauce, minced garlic, the juice from half of a lime, and the cooked quinoa.
- Add in the oat flour. Combine it with your hands until it’s evenly distributed.
- Roll this mixture into small balls and place them on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook these at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Flip them 1 to 2 times in between, so the balls are crispy on all sides.
- Remove the cooked balls from the heat and squeeze the remaining lime juice onto the cooked quinoa buffalo bites.
- Serve them while they’re still warm. Vegan ranch goes perfectly with these quinoa buffalo bites!
Original recipe: mallorymaddox.com