This recipe for s’mores pie is going to remind you of summertime campfires. All the flavors that a traditional s’more is known for but now it’s in pie form!
When I think of summertime, I think of so many fun things and great food. It’s the sun shining down, BBQ with friends, and campfires where I can make one of my favorite treats….s’mores! But when summer comes to an end, I don’t want to give up my love of s’mores, so that’s where this s’mores pie recipe comes in!
It’s going to have all of the yummy ingredients you’re used to when you make s’mores. It’s going to have the graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. They come together into one delicious s’mores pie.
Seriously though…when you have the ooey gooey marshmallows layered with some chocolate chunks, that alone is delicious. But now imagine it baking in the oven on a crispy and flavorful graham cracker crust. The final product is going to remind you of summertime campfires with family and friends.
So just because summer is over, doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy the best campfire snacks ever invented (that’s s’mores if you haven’t got the hint LOL). This s’mores pie recipe is going to be a great addition to your dessert recipe book!
- 1 stick Softened Butter
- ½ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 7 ounces, weight Container Of Marshmallow Creme
- 6 whole (1.55 Oz Bars) Hershey’s Chocolate Bars, Unwrapped
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- ¼ cups Chocolate Chips
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9″ pie pan with some baking spray.
- Grab a large bowl and beat the sugar and butter together until they’re combined well. Then add in the egg and vanilla and stir them in.
- Stir the graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and flour together.
- Divide the dough you just made in half.
- Take half of the dough and press it into the bottom of the pie pan, and also up the sides.
- Spread the Marshmallow Creme over the bottom crust evenly.
- Now place the chocolate squares on top of the Marshmallow Creme.
- Place 1 cup of marshmallows on top
- Take the remaining crust, and pat sections of dough on top and around the marshmallows. You won’t cover everything but that’s OK!
- Sprinkle a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top and then bake the pie for 20 minutes or until it’s lightly browned.
- Take the pan out of the oven and set it on a cooling rack.
- Before you start to cut the pie, make sure it’s completely cool. You will have a mess on your hands if you don’t!
- If you want it a little bit gooier, you can warm it up in the microwave so that the chocolate and marshmallow get a little warm and melty.
Original recipe from: wishesndishes.com