These super easy vegan meatballs are absolutely delicious. Perfect for anyone looking for vegan or vegetarian meal ideas!
I’m getting used to this whole vegan and vegetarian thing. I’ll admit it though because it hasn’t been easy. I just miss things like meatballs….but then I found this recipe for vegan meatballs and it’s super easy to do!
So what makes this vegan meatballs recipe so good is that they taste delicious first of all, but they also don’t take long to make. Just 15 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes of cooking – you’ll have about 20 meatballs ready to go.
These freeze well and you can pan fry them when you’re looking to get them warmed up. Put them on a spaghetti dinner or eat them in a meatball sub. These vegan meatballs are so yummy that I wouldn’t fault you if you eat these all by themselves with some marinara sauce.
Give these super easy vegan meatballs a try if you’re new to eating vegan or vegetarian food. This is going to be an absolutely perfect and delicious meal that is going to make your taste buds go wild!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms, sliced or roughly chopped (we’ll be blending them later so size doesn’t matter)
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice (I used basmati rice but you can use brown rice or even a different grain such as quinoa would work well)
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Heat up a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Saute the mushrooms and onions until they’re soft – takes about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Put that onion mixture into a food processor along with – rice, flour, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper. Pulse the blender until all the ingredients are combined and come together.
- Form golf ball sized meatballs with the mixture and set them aside for later.
- In that same skillet, pour enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet fully. Set it over medium heat. Once it’s hot – add in the meatballs so they’re not overcrowded.
- Cook until they are browned on all sides – about 4 minutes per side. Add in more oil as needed so that the skillet continuously has a thin layer covering it.
- You’re now ready to serve and eat your meatballs however you choose 🙂
Original recipe: foodwithfeeling.com