These taco lettuce wraps are an excellent low carb dinner option. Taco night just got a lot healthier when you try this recipe!
These taco lettuce wraps are a quick and healthy low carb meal that you can make in minutes. If you’ve been looking for a simple low carb meal to make, this is going to be one you just have to try.
I love tacos and I’m sure you do as well. Most people will eat them in hard or soft tacos – but if you’re on a low carb diet, those aren’t going to be an option. That’s where using the lettuce wraps as a shell comes in.
Total time to make and cook this meal is 20 minutes. Eating healthy just can’t get any easier than this. You’ll love the crunch of the lettuce and the savory flavors of the seasoned beef or ground turkey (whichever you choose).
So if you’re looking to eat healthier for yourself or your family – give these taco lettuce wraps a shot. Low carb and healthy eating just can’t get any easier than this!
- 1 lb ground beef, or ground turkey if you prefer
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 head romaine lettuce, in stalks
- 1 cup cheese of choice, grated
- tomatoes, diced
- salsa and sour cream, optional
- Grab a pan and spray it with non stick cooking spray. Brown the ground beef.
- Now while the beef is cooking. Begin to grate the cheese, get the lettuce ready and other taco toppings that you want.
- Add in the taco seasoning and water. Stir it until it’s well combined and the meat gets hot again.
- Once the meat is finished cooking, place it into romaine lettuce. Top it off with cheese, salsa, tomatoes, sour cream, and any other of your favorite taco toppings.
- Pick it up, eat, and enjoy the meal!
Original recipe: myorganizedchaos.net